Monday, July 16, 2012

366 Days

A whole year of marriage, and luckily, we got an extra day because of the leap year. :)

Here's a recap of pictures of that wonderful day one year ago today.


Getting ready...


Seeing each other for the first time!







My bridal party (from left to right): Rachel Meeks, Lauren Nichols, Dia Duer-Maid of Honor, Alecia Ohnemus, Emily McDowell, and Lacey Tomberlin

Mitch's groomsmen (from left to right): Kevin Ohenmus, Adam Dimon, Pierce Huggins, Ross Meeks-best man, Reggie Brown, and Monte Baugh



Our adorable, precious flower girl, Adalynn Ohnemus

With Mitch's parents, Reggie and Valera Brown

With my parents, Monte and Deborah Baugh

The walk with my father that began a new life for me

I just love this picture.

We decided to do something different for the unity part of the ceremony. We poured water into a bigger pitcher that our parents had poured into their pitchers at the beginning of the ceremony. And it turned green. :)

My brother, Monte, and Sarah Missildine sang 'Tonight' by JJ Heller during the pouring of the water.

And then we sealed it.

My cake

Mitch's cake




And then we left the party...


...in Gilligan (Mitch's jeep).


It's amazing how fast this year has gone by. We've been through some hard stuff, but shouldn't it be like that? Marriage isn't like winning the lottery. It's like climbing a mountain. We're learning to be more than just good roommates. We're learning to be one, just like God intended for us to be. What a beautiful example marriage is of the unity that God wants to have with His bride, His church. I'm so blessed to share in that gift with my steadfast, strong, courageous, gentle, amazing husband, Mitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment